Haryana Divyang Pension Schemes
To provide social security to Disabled Persons, the scheme called “The Haryana Disabled Persons Pension Schemes” was introduced in the year 1981-82. The aim of the scheme is to provide social security to Disabled persons who are unable to sustain themselves with their own resources and are in need of financial assistance from the State. The rate of pension, which was Rs. 50/- per month, at the beginning of the scheme, was enhanced to Rs. 300 per month from 1.11.99. The Govt. has enhanced pension to 100% Disabled from Rs. 300/- to Rs. 600/- per month w.e.f. 1.1.2006 and further enhanced pension Rs. 500/- for 60% handicapped and Rs. 750/- for 100% Disabled. The rate of pension has been increased to Rs. 1000/- per month for all categories w.e.f. 1-1-2014, to Rs. 1200/- per month w.e.f. 01-01-2015. The Government has increased the rates under the scheme to Rs, 1,400/- P.M per beneficiary w.e.f 1-1-2016, Rs. 1600/- w.e.f. 01-11-2016, Rs. 1800/- w.e.f. 01-11-2017, Rs. 2000/- w.e.f. 01-11-2018, Rs. 2250/- w.e.f. 01.01.2020 and Rs. 2500/- w.e.f. 01.04.2021.
- Eligibility Criteria:
- The individual is of age 18 years and above
- The person is a Domicile of Haryana & has been residing in Haryana for the last 3 years at the time of submission of application
- Self income of the person from all sources should not exceed the minimum wages of unskilled labour as notified by the Labour Department.
- Disability of the person should range from 60-100%. These may include:-
- Low Vision
- Leprosy Cured
- Hearing Impairment
- Locomotor Disability
- Mental Retardation
- Mental Illness
- B) “Pension” wherever occurring in any Government notification concerning Social Security Benefits means and includes, income received or accrued from accumulated earnings, including the following schemes:
*Annuities from any source including Commercial Banks, Financial Institutions or Insurance.
- The eligible beneficiaries are added every month.
- Details of beneficiaries, budget and expenditure incurred under this scheme are as under:-
(Rs. in Crores)
|2017-18||1,51,932||Rs. 309.49||Rs. 296.78|
|2018-19||1,60,433||Rs. 352.98||Rs. 352.94|